Tuesday, January 29, 2013

All About Me

My name is Deondray Ivey. I was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I graduated from Philadelphia High School for Business and Technology; the name is very misleading because it sounds like a great school but it is not at all.  It had less then 350 students and a very low budget for school materials; we also shared a building with another high school.

I am a second semester Freshman at Edinboro University. My major is Middle lv. Education major with a concentration in Mathematics.  I choose this as my major because I can see myself teaching children in a couple years. I also would like to be a part time firefighter.  I do not really know why being a fire fighter looks like a rewarding job and also has great health benefits.

My main hobby is running.  I ran the Philadelphia Marathon (2011) (3:11:48). I ran in the AAU national meet in Houston, Texas (2012); I placed 5th in the 2000 meter steeplechase.   I have been running track for about three years now. I am a distance runner; my main focuses are the 800 (half mile:2 laps) and 1500 (mile: four laps)  meter races. I am still experimenting with different races since I did not have much of a high school track coach to actually lead me to the right event.

Being a teacher I think I could help children academically and athletically; teach and a track & fields coach at a needed school.






Unrelated, alot of people do not know what a steeplechase is so I posted this video...

4 comments:

  1. hey my girlfriend runs track at kent state. track is awesome but i cant stand running haha i do want to do a marathon after im done wrestling in college. thats sweet that you ran in one! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you want to be a firefighter on the side! that's pretty cool! I can't relate to your running though. I HATE to run but it's awesome you ran marathons, especially in other states. And I like how you put a video in your about me section. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have some great goals, and I think being a firefighter would be very rewarding to have as a part time job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is a really nice introduction about yourself. I like the fact that you added in the video to show what a steeple chase was, especially since I am one of the many people who did not know what it was! You have some really high goals set for yourself, I think that is really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete